Licensing and platforms

Hi there,

I’m really interested in both Teleport and Gravity, but I have a few questions I’d like to clear up. :slightly_smiling_face:

1. The Community license doesn’t include “Identity-Based Authentication” (only local users and GitHub), what does this mean in practice? That I can’t connect Teleport and/or Gravity to Active Directory? Is there any way I can use the Community license with centralized authentication? Any other restrictions?

2. What will happen if I use GitHub SSO, and then I lose connection to the Internet. Do I lose access to my services? Or will I still be able to access them?

3. Does Teleport and Gravity support ARM64 as a platform?

4. Can I bundle drivers (NVIDIA) with my Gravity cluster image?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

The Community license doesn’t include “Identity-Based Authentication” (only local users and GitHub), what does this mean in practice? That I can’t connect Teleport and/or Gravity to Active Directory? Is there any way I can use the Community license with centralized authentication? Any other restrictions?

Correct. You can use github with Teleport OSS as you mentioned though.

What will happen if I use GitHub SSO, and then I lose connection to the Internet. Do I lose access to my services? Or will I still be able to access them?

You can create local users for backup purposes as well. Also, certificates issued could be used without Github, so your ssh will continue to work.

Does Teleport and Gravity support ARM64 as a platform?

Teleport could be compiled on ARM, Gravity can’t be used on ARM at this point.

Can I bundle drivers (NVIDIA) with my Gravity cluster image?

You can bundle NVIDIA userspace tools in Gravity planet image, but drivers would have to be installed separately.