Adding custom grafana dashboard

Hi,

We have installed gravity 7.0.13 for our staging and prod environments. I have created a new dashboard using grafana 6.7.4 and exported it. I am trying to import it into gravity-site monitoring app using ConfigMaps but i get the error below:

From "watcher" container
time="2020-09-22T08:07:13Z" level=info msg="Detected event ADDED for configmap network-manager-and-quorum." label="monitoring in (dashboard)" watch=configmap
time="2020-09-22T08:07:13Z" level=info msg="&{422 map[Cache-Control:[no-cache] Content-Type:[application/json] Expires:[-1] Pragma:[no-cache] Date:[Tue, 22 Sep 2020 08:07:13 GMT] Content-Length:[137]] 0xc0001541c0 []}"
From grafana container:
t=2020-09-22T08:07:13+0000 lvl=info msg="Request Completed" logger=context userId=1 orgId=1 uname=admin method=POST path=/api/dashboards/db status=422 remote_addr=127.0.0.1 time_ms=104 size=137 referer=
ConfigMap I have used:
kind: ConfigMap
apiVersion: v1
metadata:
  name: network-manager-and-quorum
  namespace: monitoring
  labels:
    monitoring: dashboard
data:
  network-manager-and-quorum: |
    { exported grafana json }

If I can get any info on how to proceed or where to get help, I would be glad.
Thank you.

I don’t see any errors - only informational logs. Is the result that after creating the ConfigMap the dashboard is not available?

Unfortunately the dashboard is not available. The logs I sent repeats every 30m or so. It complains about “status=422” and msg="&{422 map…} in the logs. Is there a specific format for json file? I have used the json from the grafana 6.7.4 installation on the same cluster (staging) and exported it. I have even tried both multiline and single line format of “exported grafana json” section without changing the config map metadata.
Should I create a bug report to the monitoring-app github project?

It would be helpful to have a look at the dashboard you’re trying to configure (stripped of anything sensitive).

Below link is the configmap I have used. Password: “gravity”

Regards,

Did you manage to get the file before it has expired? I can add it again if you want.

Yes, sorry - I made a copy of it - we’re looking into it.

Hi,
I think it is not going well with the tests.